Planning – let’s talk about it. Have you had an opportunity to get some planning done for 2017? We are two days into the New Year and ideally planning for 2017 should have been done in December. I say this because when the clock stuck midnight you would want to start executing your plan. In late December I started planning and I am ready (started executing already). A few items that were on my list to be done in early January, I actually got them done in December. Some of the tasks completed are listed below:
- Redefined my company business model. This activity here sparked something in me. It opened my mind to identify/define all aspects of my business and revenue streams (more information to come)
- Created subscription pop up for the Resonation Entertainment Group and That Thing Called Life websites. I am particularly proud of these subscription pop-ups and cannot wait to work on other subscription management based tasks over the next year. I have even been researching digital e-commerce platforms like FastSpring for some inspiration. I am so excited to start learning more about some of the different types of subscription management software that businesses can use to boost their company. I might even use a subscription-based system for my own website in the future.
- Speaking of which, I have revamped the That Thing Called Life website. You like?
- Secured URL for my professional website. com is currently under construction. NOTE: I need some professional photos so if you are a photographer in the DMV area, comment below.
- Set up my professional social media profiles. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at ItsTashiaB
- Scheduled some key activities
I am not going to give you anymore at this time. Can you tell I am on a mission? I mean really on a mission. I have accomplished so much in 2016 and I want more in 2017. No I am not being greedy. I deserve it all. God did not put us here to struggle or worry or suffer. He put us here to thrive and spread love. We are love and although we can have abundantly do not mean that we don’t have to put in that work. You know the saying “faith without works is dead”. So you have to do the work which means you have to identify your goals and action items to meet the goals.
Have you heard the term S.M.A.R.T. Goals? S.M.A.R.T. stands for the following: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound. You have to follow this rule because they will put those guardrails around your tasks so you will get them done. The biggest item that makes me focus on getting my goals done is having a time table (a due date). Let me tell you something, I hate missing a date – lol. I write the tasks in my calendar and announce when I am supposed to get it done. As a result of doing this, believe me when I tell you, I am ten times more likely to complete the task. I guess you will call it accountability.
So if you take anything from this post, take the following when doing your planning:
- Identify your objective
- Write S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Put due dates in a calendar (physical or online)
- Get you an accountability partner. A person better be up to encourage you and hold you to task to get things done. NOTE: Don’t just pick anyone for this responsibility because everyone doesn’t want you to succeed or they don’t have their own goals/objectives so how can they encourage or support you?
Here’s a quote for you to remember
Many people fail in life, not for lack of ability or brains or even courage, but simply because they have never organized their energies around a goal.