So, I return from vacation relaxed and happy. Realizing how important work life balance is. This year I have had to reschedule my vacation twice due to project obligations and deadlines which puts a strain on my family. I am so thankful for the time spent with my family, the new experiences we shared together, reliving past memories. It was fantabulous!
What did we do you ask?
- 7/21 – to Wildwoods, New Jersey. This place holds a very special place in my heart. As a child my family would take bus trips to the beach all the time. When I say family, I mean my whole family; grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, mother, father, sisters. We would rent bikes, spend time at the beach, and enjoy being with the family. It was great going back with my own family. NOTE: Will arrange a family/friend trip for next summer.
- Drove to New Jersey. This was an experience in itself. Anyone that knows me knows that I really don’t like being in a car for extended periods of time nor do I like relying on navigation systems. Especially those that need to be updated. We missed exists, got turned around, went the long way, couldn’t find music to listen to. However, we enjoyed the sites (awesome building structures, the bridges) and being together.
- Get to our accommodations for the night. Let me just say that it was not as it appeared on the website. The plus was that it was a block from the board walk.
- The boardwalk. After getting settled in the room and resting for a bit from the 3 plus hour drive, we strolled to the beach. We rode rides at two of the pier amusement parks, played games and won stuffed animals.
- Dinner. Was just okay. We walked to a restaurant for their “seafood” buffet. The plus was that it was cheap, that is all.
- By the time we walked back to the room, we were beat. We played games and went to bed, eager for the adventures awaiting us.
- 7/22 – to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. I have never been to this beach (don’t remember going to Delaware for that matter). Don’t think I would go back there either, well maybe not to the beach.
- Woke up refresh and ready to get out of there. Got dressed, was supposed to go back to the beach at 8:00 am but that did not happen. We checked out and went to get breakfast.
- The restaurant. Scenery was very different; however, the breakfast was delicious. They gave you so much; none of us finished our food.
- Back to the boardwalk. We had such a great time and had to go back. First of all I need to find the Wildwoods sign with the beach balls. I was so pressed! Once that was done, we went to souvenir shopping. We got some deals and discovered this cool Monster Truck ride. Awesome!
- Time to hit the road. Now we need to get to the ferry (yes, I said the ferry). Instead of driving all the way to Delaware, we took the Cape May to Lewes ferry. We arrived over an hour early, but the weather was perfect. We took pictures, learned some ferry history, played on the playground.
- All aboard (oh that’s for trains – lol). We drive aboard the huge ferry, and found our seat on the top level. Now that it is time to set sail, argh. This was the first time for us. So that was super special. We saw dolphins, miles of ocean, beautiful lighthouses, fishing boats.
- Heading to our accommodations. I was so relaxed when we left the ferry. The great thing was the place was about 15 minutes away. We get there and our room was upgraded to a suite (for free).
- Time for dinner. I wanted to eat some crabs (I am the only one that eats them). Get to this restaurant, and the place was very interesting. The menu was boarder line X rated; however, the food was good. I had crab cake and fried shrimp. Delish!
- Time for bed. We played games then hit the hay.
- 7/23 – to Ocean City, Maryland. I have been to this beach a dozen times, and I never get tired of going. The best part was it was not crowded (note to self, go during the week).
- Rise and shine (my mommy would wake us up every morning for school with that saying – love and miss her). We woke up later than expected because we were going to take a dip in the pool. Bummer! Check out and head to the beach.
- To the beach (Rehoboth Beach first). The drive was about 10 – 15 minutes. Get there and it was not what we expected so we did not stay long.
- Off to Ocean City we go. The drive was cool, about 30 minutes. We had the best time. We went to the beach, Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum, ate food, shopped. We were going to the amusement park, but that didn’t happen. Oh well, we still had a blast.
- We didn’t stay the night in Ocean City, so we headed home.
As you can see, we crammed a lot into these three days. You have no idea how much I enjoyed this vacation time. Just today, I was going through all the pictures taken. I love my family and the time we spend together.
Always remember to make time for your family; to reconnect, reengage, love on them, and get to know them a little more. I know we all have busy schedules, and it may be hard to get off of work. If it’s a short drive on a Saturday or a week vacation on an island, take the time to be with the ones you love.